NYC Winter Break Staycation Shows Classes and Comedy Camp – Kids Teens Families. NYC schools are giving the kids a full week off next week. We have activities to keep them or the whole family busy.
INTERACTIVE COMEDY SHOWS – February 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 at 3pm $25 plus a one drink minimum (soda, juice and bottled water plus other options for adults and light food menu available). $50 VIP TICKETS include the best seats and a beverage (NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE required for VIP guests). EMAIL for group discounts and private shows. We add shows daily for student groups and tour nationwide to family events, schools, camps and community centers.
WINTER COMEDY CAMP* – February 17-21 9:30a-4pm daily (early drop offs/late pickups.) $125/day includes lunch & snacks plus classes in Improv and Stand-up Comedy. $450/week includes FIVE days with a performance showcase Friday 2pm for invited guests
Comedy 4 Teens Class* – Saturdays 10am for ages 8-12. $40 to drop by includes both Improv & Stand-up comedy sections.
Comedy 4 Kids Class* – Saturdays 12pm for ages 8-12. $40 to drop by includes both Improv & Stand-up comedy sections.
*If you sign up for a single class/day of camp, you can register for full session, prorated according to your start date. EMAIL us for additional sibling discounts, groups sales or private workshop requests.
NYC Winter Break Staycation Shows Classes and Comedy Camp – Kids Teens Families
COME BE A PART OF THE SHOW!!!!
No two shows are ever the same as the cast of EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH (AKA Improv 4 Kids/ Improv 4 Teens) takes stage. Every show features hilarious musical comedy improvised based on audience suggestions and participation.
Broadway Comedy Club
318 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019
February 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 at 3pm
February 21 6:30p (Teens and Older only)
CLICK HERE for Tickets
General Admission $25 plus one beverage minimum
VIP Tickets $50 includes great seats and a beverage (NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE required for VIP guests).
EMAIL for group discounts and private shows. We add shows daily for student groups and tour nationwide to family events, schools, camps and community centers. Next week alone we are hosting groups from KINGS BAY Y and sending shows to THREE Brooklyn sites for New York Junior Tennis League.
WINTER COMEDY CAMP
CLICK HERE to register for Winter, Spring and/or Summer Camp. $125/day, $450/week. EMAIL us for sibling discounts, multiple week discounts and/or private workshop requests.
MONDAY February 17 itinerary
– 8:45am Early Drops Offs (Microphones on for additional open mic time daily, campers can get extra time rehearsing stand-up comedy ideas)
– 9:30am Official start of Camp Day, after a quick daily welcome we warm-up and work on Improv comedy
– 11:30am LUNCH and Open Mic. We take a solid 30-minute lunch break. The rest of the midday time slot allows campers to share a personal story of experience and observation. Over the course of the week, these are crafted into original comedy routines. FYI Lunches vary including pizza, chicken fingers, tacos, pasta, and sandwiches. We always provide vegetarian and other healthy options. For extreme dietary restrictions, we recommend sending a bagged lunch each day.
– 1:00pm After Improv Comedy session. The focus is on performance games that may be featured in the week’s showcase.
– 2:45pm Snack time
– 3:00pm Join the audience and watch the public performance of EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH. If any family members want to join, the $25 tickets are on us, just purchase the one beverage minimum (included for campers)
-5:15pm LATE Pick-ups as needed
Tuesday 2/18 – Thursday 2/20 look very similar except during the 3pm hour one of our teenterns (teenage students that have been with us for 2-6 years) run one of their favorite team bonding games – they seem to love Mafia and Werewolf.
Friday 2/21 – Open ONLY to those signed up for the full week of camp.
After our morning meeting, the campers run a mock show, a dress rehearsal of the afternoon’s program. Before and during lunch teachers will provide notes on ways to focus the performances.
1:30 the house is open for audience while the students come together over some focus games.
2pm SHOWCASE features every students performing their original stand-up comedy and a 2-4 Improv games (as per class size)
Spring and Summer camp weeks will look very similar. While some students sign up for 2-9 weeks of summer camp, every week is an individual self-contained unit similar to the above itinerary.
Comedy 4 Teens Class* – Saturdays 10am for ages 8-12. $40 to drop by includes both Improv & Stand-up comedy sections. We have the microphones on by 9:30 every morning for additional stand-up comedy/open mic time.
Comedy 4 Kids Class* – Saturdays 12pm for ages 8-12. $40 to drop by includes both Improv & Stand-up comedy sections. We often run over a few minutes to give every student additional stand-up comedy time.