MARCH 11 SHOWCASES Kids & Teens NYC Comedy Classes
December Holiday Break Shows perfect for NYC Vacation Camps – bring your group to Improv 4 Teens & Improv 4 Kids this December. We add shows daily every year Christmas to New Years. These are perfect for vacation camps and family groups.
Not with a group and just need a few TICKETS? CLICK HERE for discount calendar. Select show you wish to attend and choose the discount options in blue. $25 at the door plus ONE Drink minimum. Just $10 via Improv 4 Teens blog.
EMAIL your group ticket and private event requests now! firstname.lastname@example.org
Shows run nearly every Saturday at 3pm year round. We add shows during the week for school group field trips. We add public shows for most holiday breaks, and every December we runs shows almost daily the last week of the year.
3pm SHOW Dec 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Jan 1
1pm SHOW Dec 27, 28, 29
NON-PROFIT GROUPS EXTRA SPECIAL DEAL Dec 26-30
We host groups from schools, camps and community centers year round 7 days/week. Holiday Breaks are very popular for vacation camps and scout groups.
Bring your group and get a FREE workshop
$10pp SHOW & WORKSHOP (reg $15pp)
FYI this is a special rate usually only given to Title One Schools.
ALSO This particular week, with so many shows scheduled, we can waive minimums and open the deal to smaller groups (20+ instead of 50+).
Regular Rates for Field Trips
$500 up to 50 students.
– $10pp additional
– FREE adult (21yo+) chaperon per 10 students once minimums met
Add Workshop for just $5pp
Add Pizza Party for just $10pp
Bring these programs to your school, camp, community centers!
NYC SCHOOLS $600 (Out side NYC $800)
– 4 teaching artists up to 60-minutes
– Add shows OR Workshop Sessions same day $400
– additional travel costs may be required depending on tour routing
$2000 DAY of SHOWS & WORKSHOPS
– up to 4 45-60 minute sessions
– 4 teaching artists
– Can be split between 2 neighboring schools
$6000 4-day Residency
– Up to 16 45-60 minute sessions/Up to 8 schools
$7000 5-day Residency
– Up to 20 45-60 minute sessions/Up to 10 schools
WORKSHOP / CLASSES ONLY
– $200 1 teaching artist up to 2 hours
– $1500 10 sessions, 20 hours (Same Week, Weekly Classes etc)
– great in- school, after school, weekend programming
– Deliver Basic Workshop to every student in the school OR run a progressive program for 20 students culminating in a performance showcase
– $500 1 teaching artist up to 2-hours
– $1200 SHOW & WORKSHOP Combo (4 teaching artists)
– One part team corporate building, one part activities for the classroom. Teachers will work better to plan programs and schedules. Your team deserves a little laughter. AND Imagine starting every class with a 2-3 minute “game” that engages students, getting them warmed-up mentally and physically. This class will be ready to listen and participate in discussion.
Improv is a ton of fun, YES, AND very useful teaching numerous life skills. In addition to performing, Improv teaches creative writing, critical thinking (out of the box), community (team, respect, listening, focus) and leadership (public speaking, self confidence, eye contact).
The interactive shows alone are very therapeutic. Laughter has been known to be very beneficial to one’s health as it lowers blood pressure and decreases stress. Studies at John Hopkins have proven laughter to even raise test scores and better test prep. People that are allowed to have joy and laughter in their lives participate in the process of education and thereby learn far better and faster.
Every workshop starts with warm-up games that prepare the individual and team to work and play. Simple games like ZIP ZAP ZUP require focus, listening and eye contact while having fun. We teach its OK to “mess-up” and not to judge or worry about correcting others. Instead we let minor mishaps pass without comment. We eliminate fear of failure, because there are no mistakes in Improv.
We teach about story telling. Improv is as much about writing as it is performance. We develop characters and relationships, settings and action for our stories on the spot. In Improv we call this the WHO, WHERE and WHAT of a scene. By learning how to craft a story in this hands-on matter, students return to Language Arts classes better prepared to write essays and original stories as well as tackle the classic novels, short-stories, plays and poems.
I know I never appreciated Shakespeare until approaching the plays as an actor. Similarly we teach how to bring these character to life. We empower ones imagination and critical mind at the same time.
Humor and creativity work in similar ways, says humor guru William Fry, M.D., of Stanford University–by creating relationships between two disconnected items, you engage the whole brain.
Building a better mind leads to success in all areas of study. While we focus on Language Arts, Team & Leadership skills, students of these fields excel in all areas of study. Abstract concepts in science and math now seem easy to comprehend. Characters in history come alive.
December Holiday Break Improv Comedy Shows perfect for NYC Vacation Camps
Wednesday July 20, 2016 3pm
SPECIAL via IMPROV 4 TEENS
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
- JUST $20 and NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Regularly Priced $25 plus 1 drink minimum at the door
- Buy tickets for 3pm show, bottled water included AND join us at 1:30 for workshop at no extra charge (reg $30 at the door).
- Can’t make it Wednesday? The show runs weekly at 3 & 8pm.
- Check out full selection of FALL classes for kids, teens & adults CLICK HERE
- In attendance will be 2 student groups from area arts camps (Brooklyn Youth Chorus and The Children’s Acting Academy (Manhattan). Bring your groups to this show or future performances. email@example.com for more info, dates & rates. We host students groups almost daily as well as travel to schools, camps, community centers and family events.
The best of NYC Improv meets Off Broadway musical revue. 4-5 top performers create originals songs, sketches and interactive games based on audience suggestions and participation. NO TWO SHOWS ARE EVER THE SAME. Unscripted the cast daily reacts to the news and scandals of the day. Classical literature and box office hits are equally damaged beyond recognition. You will walk away amazed at the quick wit of the cast.
3pm Show All ages friendly (Equivalent to Rated PG Movie)
8pm Show Teens and older (Equivalent to Rated PG-13 Movie)
WORKSHOP at 1:30pm hosted by Walt Frasier
Catch Walt Frasier on TruTV’s “Friends Of The People” in their 2nd season. Go to Netflix – RIGHT NOW!!! – to see Walter in Lilyhammer (Season 3, Episode 8) as the American comic performing at Steven Van Zandt’s Norwegian club. Also now on Netflix – Blue Bloods (Season 3, Episode 8) see Walter in spandex body suit in first 5 minutes as Arnie the Homeless Avenger. Royal Pains (Season 6 Episode 3) as the Choking Victim. Past credits include sketch bits on Letterman (9 episodes), Stakervision (MTV2), Naked Brother’s Band (NICK), Hair Trauma (WE) and numerous commercials including Dr. Oz’s Fat Pants. Theater Credits include Off Broadway, Touring and Regional Theater plus over 4000 professional Improv Comedy Shows with EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH (AKA LMAO Off Broadway. Improv 4 Kids, Improv 4 Teens, Absent Minded Comedy).
Follow Walt on Twitter – IF YOU DARE
Improv 4 Teens adds Shows & Workshops for the Summer Audiences
Fun stay-cation edutainment in Manhattan for Kids, Teens and Families
By popular demand, we have added shows just for our teen fans. Workshops too. On July 20 and August 10 we will have a 1:30 workshop and 3pm show just for you. Attend the workshop and the tickets to the show are free. FYI August 10 almost sold out due to a large group sale so get tickets early. Have a group of 10 or more, we can add a workshop/show program to the calendar. Discount tickets include lunch (NY PIZZA).
These Improv 4 Teens Masterclasses are open to students 12-17yo
Weekly Classes Saturdays 10am return September 10. CLICK HERE
Attend a workshop or class and get 2 free tickets to the 3pm show following.
CLICK HERE for full calendar and discount tickets
Here is a list of upcoming professional shows great for teen audiences.
Many shows sell out so get your tickets early!!!
Saturday 7/16 3pm LMAO Family Matinees (All Ages welcome)
Saturday 7/16 8pm LMAO Off Broadway (16+)
Monday 7/18 8pm ON THE SPOT NYC (16+)
Wednesday 7/20 3pm IMPROV 4 TEENS
Saturday 7/23 3pm LMAO Family Matinees (All Ages welcome)
Saturday 7/23 8pm LMAO Off Broadway (16+)
Monday 7/23 8pm ON THE SPOT NYC (16+)
Saturday 7/30 8pm LMAO Off Broadway (16+) (NO 3pm SHOW 7/30)
Monday 8/1 8pm ON THE SPOT NYC (16+)
Wednesday 8/10 3pm IMPROV 4 TEENS
A division of Improv Theater LLC and EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Improv Comedy