December Holiday Break Shows perfect for NYC Vacation Camps – bring your group to Improv 4 Teens & Improv 4 Kids this December. We add shows daily every year Christmas to New Years. These are perfect for vacation camps and family groups.
Not with a group and just need a few TICKETS? CLICK HERE for discount calendar. Select show you wish to attend and choose the discount options in blue. $25 at the door plus ONE Drink minimum. Just $10 via Improv 4 Teens blog.
EMAIL your group ticket and private event requests now! email@example.com
Shows run nearly every Saturday at 3pm year round. We add shows during the week for school group field trips. We add public shows for most holiday breaks, and every December we runs shows almost daily the last week of the year.
3pm SHOW Dec 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, Jan 1
1pm SHOW Dec 27, 28, 29
NON-PROFIT GROUPS EXTRA SPECIAL DEAL Dec 26-30
We host groups from schools, camps and community centers year round 7 days/week. Holiday Breaks are very popular for vacation camps and scout groups.
Bring your group and get a FREE workshop
$10pp SHOW & WORKSHOP (reg $15pp)
FYI this is a special rate usually only given to Title One Schools.
ALSO This particular week, with so many shows scheduled, we can waive minimums and open the deal to smaller groups (20+ instead of 50+).
Regular Rates for Field Trips
$500 up to 50 students.
– $10pp additional
– FREE adult (21yo+) chaperon per 10 students once minimums met
Add Workshop for just $5pp
Add Pizza Party for just $10pp
Bring these programs to your school, camp, community centers!
NYC SCHOOLS $600 (Out side NYC $800)
– 4 teaching artists up to 60-minutes
– Add shows OR Workshop Sessions same day $400
– additional travel costs may be required depending on tour routing
$2000 DAY of SHOWS & WORKSHOPS
– up to 4 45-60 minute sessions
– 4 teaching artists
– Can be split between 2 neighboring schools
$6000 4-day Residency
– Up to 16 45-60 minute sessions/Up to 8 schools
$7000 5-day Residency
– Up to 20 45-60 minute sessions/Up to 10 schools
WORKSHOP / CLASSES ONLY
– $200 1 teaching artist up to 2 hours
– $1500 10 sessions, 20 hours (Same Week, Weekly Classes etc)
– great in- school, after school, weekend programming
– Deliver Basic Workshop to every student in the school OR run a progressive program for 20 students culminating in a performance showcase
– $500 1 teaching artist up to 2-hours
– $1200 SHOW & WORKSHOP Combo (4 teaching artists)
– One part team corporate building, one part activities for the classroom. Teachers will work better to plan programs and schedules. Your team deserves a little laughter. AND Imagine starting every class with a 2-3 minute “game” that engages students, getting them warmed-up mentally and physically. This class will be ready to listen and participate in discussion.
WHY IMPROV COMEDY?
Improv is a ton of fun, YES, AND very useful teaching numerous life skills. In addition to performing, Improv teaches creative writing, critical thinking (out of the box), community (team, respect, listening, focus) and leadership (public speaking, self confidence, eye contact).
The interactive shows alone are very therapeutic. Laughter has been known to be very beneficial to one’s health as it lowers blood pressure and decreases stress. Studies at John Hopkins have proven laughter to even raise test scores and better test prep. People that are allowed to have joy and laughter in their lives participate in the process of education and thereby learn far better and faster.
Every workshop starts with warm-up games that prepare the individual and team to work and play. Simple games like ZIP ZAP ZUP require focus, listening and eye contact while having fun. We teach its OK to “mess-up” and not to judge or worry about correcting others. Instead we let minor mishaps pass without comment. We eliminate fear of failure, because there are no mistakes in Improv.
We teach about story telling. Improv is as much about writing as it is performance. We develop characters and relationships, settings and action for our stories on the spot. In Improv we call this the WHO, WHERE and WHAT of a scene. By learning how to craft a story in this hands-on matter, students return to Language Arts classes better prepared to write essays and original stories as well as tackle the classic novels, short-stories, plays and poems.
I know I never appreciated Shakespeare until approaching the plays as an actor. Similarly we teach how to bring these character to life. We empower ones imagination and critical mind at the same time.
Humor and creativity work in similar ways, says humor guru William Fry, M.D., of Stanford University–by creating relationships between two disconnected items, you engage the whole brain.
Building a better mind leads to success in all areas of study. While we focus on Language Arts, Team & Leadership skills, students of these fields excel in all areas of study. Abstract concepts in science and math now seem easy to comprehend. Characters in history come alive.
December Holiday Break Improv Comedy Shows perfect for NYC Vacation Camps